Volunteer With Us
We value our volunteers! Governor Abbott has approved the Texas National Guard to assist all food banks in response to COVID-19 to meet the growing need. We have 44 committed soldiers working to help us organize and distribute food. We welcome back all volunteers to the Montgomery County Food Bank family June 1st, 2020.
We Need You
Volunteer with us today! Whether you're an individual, family, organization or corporation we have volunteer opportunities daily that need to get filled. We can accommodate anywhere from 10-150 volunteers at a time. It takes over 4,100 volunteers a year to do what we do and our volunteers help us feed more than 35,000 people a month in Montgomery County! There is no way we can do this without you.
Things to Know
- Two shifts every weekday and several Saturday opportunities
- Our Produce Rescue Center sort room is 45 degrees and we need 15 volunteers ages 16+ to help if interested, bring a jacket and gloves!
- In the other rooms volunteers take pallets of donated food products and sort them into 17 different categories.
- Training is provided at the beginning of each shift to help volunteers know what food is good to keep, and what category different food items go into.
- When you arrive for your volunteer shift, you'll sign in on a tablet at the reception desk, go to our Volunteer Lounge where we'll have a safety orientation and training on the projects of the day.