Host a Food Drive
How do I host a Food Drive?
We suggest promoting your food drive at least a week in advance and throughout the time frame selected. Have one general location for boxes to be located to make it easy for participants to find.
- Set your goal and theme.Your goal can be in number of pounds, number of boxes or even number or types of cans collected, as well as money.
- Set a timeframe. This helps add energy and a sense of urgency to your food drive.
- Consider a competition. Fun to do among departments, groups, floors, buildings, classes, etc.
- Determine the types of food you wish to collect. (see our list of most needed items). We request that you promote the collection of nutritious foods.
- Identify your supply needs.Determine the quantity of the following items you will need:
- Containers for collecting food – we provide large collection bins and small packing boxes at no charge.
- Money collection canisters for participants who may also want to make a financial donation.